Ronda - Montejaque
Its limits are the towns of Benaojan and Ronda. It was formerly an arab village and its name comes from the word Montexaquez, which means "lost mountain". Together with the neighbour village of Benaojan, it was the domain of the Counts of Benavente by donation at 1513.
Next to the village there can be found the cave of the Hundidero, connected and being part of the Cat's cave, very important because of its speleological value.
It has got a great cold cuts industry. The city is located at a very special place, protected by the mountain range of the Hacho and also by the mountains of Mures and Tavizna.
At the church of Santiago, built between the 16th and the 17th century, is remarkable the Crucified's chapel.
Montejaque celebrates an splendorous Holy Week and also Fair with pilgrimage on may, from 16th to 18th, and Fair on august, from 14th to 17th.
- Population : 985
- Expanse: 45,5 km2
- Distance from Ronda: 21 Km
- Altitude: 692m