Ronda - Faraján
It is located at the right side of the river Genal, being its limits the villages of Alpandeire, Júzcar, Jubrique and Atajate.
The name comes from the arab "Farra-ján" and means happy, full of joy. It is a mountain village, which means that is dedicated more to the cattle raising, specially goats and pigs, rather han to the agriculture, although there are lots of chestnuts trees. A lot of minor hunting can also be found. The church, dedicated to the Virgin of the Rosary, was founded in 1505 and reformed in the 18th century, being rebuilt later. Other interesting places are the church of St. Sebastian, the Carmelite's Convent and the Chapel of the Sacred Child. The village has got the archaeological site of el Romeral, as well as rests of the ancient arab setlements of Balastar, Chicar, Majada del Juez and others.
It celebrates a Fair in honour of St. Sebastian in august, from 5th to 7th. The Holy Week is also remarkable, specially the procession of Jesus of Medinaceli and the Virgin of the Pains.
- Population : 253
- Expanse: 20,4 km2
- Distance from Ronda: 24 Km
- Altitude: 641m