Ronda - Cartajima
It is a village belonging to the Genal Valley, and it was called Zariat al Gima at the arab age. Its average altitude is the highest of all Ronda's region, enjoying of an spectacular landscape. At its expanse there can be seen prehistoric stone masses making curious forms and known as "Los Riscos de Cartajima".
Recently, lots of rests belonging to the Roman age have been found. It has got the title of village since 1814, given by appointment of the King Ferdinand VII.
The Patron Saint Fair is celebrated at august, form 14th to 16th, in honour of the Virgin of the Rosary. It celebrates also the Festive day of the Courtesy at Easter Sunday.
Most part of the trees of this area consists of holm oaks, chestnut trees and cork oaks, consisting the fauna mainly of foxes, partridges, rabbits and birds of prey.
There are fishing at the Genal River, passing through Cartajima few distance after its birth at the neighbour village of Igualeja. It was also rich at wineyards, but the illness of the filoxwera at the beginning of the 19th century destroyed that richness.
- Population : 252
- Expanse: 21,5 km2
- Distance from Ronda: 16 Km
- Altitude: 852m