Ronda - Cañete la Real
Its history begins with the Phoenicians, documented by some rests located at the Peñón de Sabora. Later it was called Flavia Savora at the Roman age and Hisn Cannit at the arab domain age. It became Christian in 1407, when the village was conquered by Lord Fernando el de Antequera, which is told several times in the Midle Age Chronics.
It conserves important rests of the old castle, which are at the moment at a restoration process. The church, dedicated to St. Sebastian, was started to build in 1417 at has got a nice stone façade.
There is fishing at the rivers Corbones and Guadalteba and hunting at their mountains. Its agriculture is rich at cereals, olive trees and sunflowers, as well as cattle, most of them being cows, goats and pigs.
Its Fair take place in january, 20th and august, 13th, in honour to the Patron Saint the Virgin of the Holy Spouts, celebrated also the third sunday of september.
- Population : 1768
- Expanse: 165,2 km2
- Distance from Ronda: 33 Km
- Altitude: 736m