Ronda - Alpandeire
Femando VII gave to this village the honorary title of "Villa fortísima" (very strong village), due to the behaviour of its population during the Independence War at the 19th century.
At the village's environment can be found two ancient arab setlements: Pospitar and Audalazar. At its ground can be also found lots of iron nuggets, specially at a place called by this reason "Los Perdigones" (the little bullets).
There can be seen resets of a Midle Age castle at the hill of El Castillejo. Church of St. Antonio, founded at 1505 and restored at the 18th century, known due to is size as the cathedral of the Serrania. The baroque style chapel of St. Roque has got several nice paintings of that time. It is the bornplace of the famous capuchin priest Fray Leopoldo de Alpandeire. In his memory has been built in 1990 a small monument.
In Alpandeire's environment there can be found the dolmens of Encinas Borrachas and El Montero. Cattle raising and agriculture, metal carpentry, baskets made of olive tree small branches.
Fair in honour of St. Roque in august, 16th to 18th.
- Population : 269
- Expanse: 31,2 km2
- Distance from Ronda: 18 Km
- Altitude: 701m