Ronda - Lara Museum
The palace house of the count of the conquerors
Lara Museum is situated in the old part of the city, next to the Tajo of Ronda .It is located in the palace house of the count of the conquerors of the batanes Islands. It represents the first private occupancy of majestic museum of Spain. World communication, Arts, Archaeology, Sciences and popular Arts , join together offering an ample and varied journey about our past.
These can be observed in the following rooms:
- Clocks (18th century)
- Weapons 17th century)
- Scientific Instruments
- Wine cellars (18th century)
- Collection of knives and catapults
- Art of bullfighting (Tauromachy)
- History of cinema and photography
It is also possible to visit two exhibitions:
- Witchcraft Exhibition – Consisting of unusual objects and fantastic creatures.
- The exhibition of the Spanish / Holy Inquisition – Which consists of characters and objects of torture from the Holy Inquisition.
More information at www.museolara.org.