Ronda - City Hall
Located at the Duchess of Parcent Square, the current Ronda city hall was formerly a military quarter, built in 1734. After restoring the building, the city hall was built above the ancient shops located at the arcade of the square, adding to that place the old corn exchange place.
The building consists of three stages and a basement. The upper stages have got superimposed series of arches around the facade. The arches, the line under them and the front of the building are made of stone, while the rest is covered with sand and lime.
The front of the building has the door lintel between pilastes, being at each side of the door the coat of arms of the cities of Ronda and Cuenca. The reason for the appearance of the coat of arms of Cuenca is that both cities are linked by a sense of brotherhood between them.
Inside the building it can be admired the wonderful Plenary room and also the mudejar coffered ceiling, located above the main stairs of the building.